About Me

I am about long naps and hammocks.
I am about good food like circus peanuts and candy cigarettes.
I am not about vegetables or business clothes or peanut butter.
I am about movies.
I wish I was more about running.
I am definitely about people, weird people.
I think I am about leading, but I know I am about instigating.
I am about second chances, even when it's hard.
I am learning to be more about Jesus and less about me.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

We Left the House

“The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house. All that cold, cold, wet day.” 

    From this Dr. Suess quote, it appears that The Cat in the Hat was set in Wales. The unwelcome November rain has arrived, and it is biting. I write this post under 2 blankets and 3 layers of clothes. I won't lie to you and tell you that I enjoy the cold rain, but what I do like is seeing people who smile when it's raining. Sometimes you just have to get over it and jump in an ice cold puddle. 

    This week was a local outreach week, and while the weather didn't make things easier, it really was an awesome week. And contrary to the quote above, we left the house. We handed out orange roses one day just to bless people. Another day, we tried to give out as many genuine compliments as we possibly could. One night we handed out hot drinks (except not many people were interested in taking something from strangers). 

    We had a seminar about healthy conflicts and how to handle them, which led to some role play that I just could not take seriously. We did a creative processing group on idols with a pastor who has a degree in children's illustration. Then, we all got to draw our own icons for YWAM Wales. 

    On Thursday morning for worship, we were asked to get up at 5:50 am and bundle up and come outside. There were loads of blankets spread out and candles everywhere, and we watched the sunrise. We were allowed the morning off after that, so I took my kammock and my bible and went for a walk. It was glorious.


    We had another Welsh adventure this week at a place we had been to once before called Nant Mill. A hike was planned and then the group stopped mid-way to pray for English-Welsh relations.




   Today, we had the opportunity to go to a USA vs Wales rugby match at the local university. It was a Rugby League World Cup match which would have been a big deal to me, if I knew even a little about rugby. But I don't. I expected it to be like American football, and in some ways it was, but with a bit of ultimate frisbee and soccer mixed in. It was so aggressive, and I have no idea how they all walked away virtually uninjured. America did end up winning, and I felt pretty good about it. I even forced one of the guys to take a picture with me after. 





    This coming week, we are having lectures on Identity and Personality in the Body of Christ. I am super excited for this because I'm an angsty young person who has left home to find herself blah blah blah.

4 comments:

  1. Ok now Molly Moo...that rugby player is kinda cute. Maybe your first rugby match but probably not your last. Sound like you all are making an amazing impact with your local outreaches! Love you!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. "To find herself blah blah blah." I love you hahah and your nuttiness! I am praying for you and think its too cool that you are out there. You are a Rockstar.

    Love your co-counselor from one of the cray crayest weeks of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly,
    It is so fun to hear about all the cool things you are doing! Hope you are "finding" yourself..blah blah blah!
    Kathy Carter

    ReplyDelete