About Me

I am about long naps and hammocks.
I am about good food like circus peanuts and candy cigarettes.
I am not about vegetables or business clothes or peanut butter.
I am about movies.
I wish I was more about running.
I am definitely about people, weird people.
I think I am about leading, but I know I am about instigating.
I am about second chances, even when it's hard.
I am learning to be more about Jesus and less about me.

Friday, October 11, 2013

Not like Legoland

So much has happened this past week, and it all has been so so awesome. It was a local outreach week, therefore we spent most of the week evangelizing and meeting people and doing things in the community which meant I spent A LOT of energy trying to not by awkward. Before I start on that, I have to go back a little bit.

Last weekend, we had the opportunity to go over to Chester, England which is on the Wales/England border, and got to explore and eat (YEAUH!) and shop. It was a super cute but busy town. In this first picture is just some of my team including Kelly and Rachel (my awesome roommates), Dave, Steph, and Robyn.


Then at the beginning of this week, we got to learn some Welsh history and later go on a trek up to Castell Dinas Bran in Llangollen (which is not prononced like Legoland, but rather like thlan-goth-thlan). Dinas Bran is the ruins of a castle from the medieval times and translates to Crow Castle, however we didn't see a single crow. We DID see tons of sheep and thus validated the internet fact that says Welsh sheep outnumber Welsh people 3 to 1. The last picture is almost the entire team except for myself and one other awesome lady.







For two mornings, we had Street Pastors training and learned what an awesome and effective organization it is. We learned how to hang out with the pub goers and how to love/help them properly without being overwhelming. This ministry has had a huge impact on the the night life environment and is respected by loads of people. We even got to do some role play to see how we would react to different situations.

Since my last post, I have been apart of Wrexham Feeding the Roofless twice, and that will continue to happen every Thursday at the Salvation Army. We make around 40 different sandwiches each time and this week got to take them along with crisps (potato chips), chocolate biscuits (candy), and hot drinks out to the people. It was incredibly cold handing out the food, but I was one of the few there that is blessed to have a home and a bed and heating to go back to.

On Thursday, we also practiced a super cool/scary form of evangelism called treasure hunting which involved asking God for an image or name of a person or location, and then going out and finding them. It sometimes involved praying for them, but mainly it was just talking to strangers. More nervous sweating that morning, but it ended up being awesome.

Today, we split up to go to youth groups at 2 different churches. My youth group is the The Community Church and I loved it. There was probably 25 kids there from about 11-16 years old. There were 3 leaders there not including us YWAMers, and they were incredibly nice. This group has 2 Fridays of games and hanging out only, one Friday of only spiritual stuff and one Friday off each month. I'm excited to hang out with the kids more and try to build relationships even though that may be the most daunting age group to talk to.

Next week, we are having lectures on evangelism, I will tell you about it later if I don't freeze to death before.

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Molly, making it come alive for all of us. The pictures are wonderful. BTW, do we need to send more clothes? You're cold already? Anyway, appreciate you keeping up with this blog & stop counting the number of views. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete